Saturday, March 15, 2008

*oldebuttgoodie*
Primitive Folk Art Annie Doll w/Spring Sheep &Bundle of Wildflowers
"One of a Kind Doll"

Hi Everyone!!! I have been away for a little bit, enjoying the warmer weather and my wonderful family but it is time to get back to the olde sewing machine.
This primitive Raggedy Annie doll with her olde Spring sheep and her bundle of wildflowers is one of a kind and my own copyright design. If you love quality
handmade dolls, for yourself or maybe as a special gift, then grab this pair up!!

They are perfect for any primitive collection and I know you won't be disappointed!!
I stitched this Raggedy Doll from aged and stained muslin. I embroidered her dirty little face and rosied her cheeks. I used a deep burgundy wool yarn for her hair
and needle felted it in place. I also gave her a small grubby black satin bow, as a barrette in the front of her hair. I love this dolls old thyme dress!!! I stitched this from a gorgeous calico, with an aged cream colored background and tine roses.

I hand stitched a couple of vintage buttons down the front and tied the sleeves
and the neckline off with a burgundy floss. Her apron has been aged and stained as well, and I stitched this from a coordinating moss green calico with tiny rosebuds.

Annie is wearing grubby striped socks that I hand painted and sanded. Her black strappy shoes are my favorites!!! I also painted these on and tacked small rusty
bells onto the side of each strap of the shoe.

In one of her little arms she is holding a bundle of dried wildflowers. I used preserved sweet annie, dried babys breath, berries , small wildflowers, and sprigs
of statice in her bouquet.

The Spring sheep is stitched from heavy muslin that I colorwashed black and then needlefelted raw sheep wool all over his lamb body.
I also tied several rusty bells around his wooly neck.

Annie measures about 21 inches tall. Annies Sheep measures about 8.5 inches long and about 5 inches tall.
I have also included a stained tag that I stamped, "Raggedy Annie 1888" I know you are going to love this olde set!!! Make sure and grab this handmade Annie and her
little Lamb up, another set exactly like them will not be made again.
Make sure and keep an eye out for lots more of my grungy handmade Prims!!! I know you won't be disappointed!!!
More items came be found at:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZoldebuttgoodie

No comments: