Friday, May 29, 2009

ahl*cooped*up
Primitive Americana Bear Star Ornie



Welcome, I just finished this bear today. He was made using a Sweet Meadows Farm Pattern, and alot of my imagination.
I made him using a red/black heather plush felt. He is firmly stuffed and weighted to sit.
I sewed the limbs on with vintage buttons. They will move.
His face is hand stitched with floss, and black beads.

I made the hat from a vintage look paper. His star is made from pieced homespun, with a rusty star sewn to the center.
The finished bear has a grungy bow tied at his neck along with a rusty bell. I gave him my secret grunge to make him look old.


This entire piece is made using no glue. Just lots of stitiches! He sits 13" tall, not including the extra 3" for the hat. His star ornie is 8"
Thanks for looking!
You can find this item and more here.......

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/ahl*cooped*up_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

No comments: