Monday, November 3, 2008

oldeannieprimitives

Primitive Iron Ladle Door Greeter Snata Ornie


Today I am offering this one of a kind Santa door greeter. I found this wonderful old iron spoon at an antique store. It is a hand forged iron piece, not factory made.The handle is 11 inches long to where it meets the round spoon part. The spoon is a strainer with holes in it and it measures 6-1/2 inches round. This is a very nice heavy piece. I have wired on a very nice little wreath of red pip berries. I have also wired on in the middle of the wreath a santa head made from unbleached muslin. His eyes are painted on, his cheeks are blushed and he has a little wood nose. His hat is a red and green plaid fabric. At the end of his hat is a rusty bell pinned on with a rusty safety pin. He is such a cute santa and was made by a wonderful artist here on ebay.

This is a very long piece and measures about 19 inches long and about 10 inches wide including pip berries.

To give you an idea of what this spoon looks like here is the backside. You can see where I've wired on everything.

The top part of the handle has a very nice curve. I will include a jute loop for hanging. It hangs very nicely!


What a great piece to add to your holiday prim decor!
Please make sure to check out my other auctions and listings. Thank you for your consideration and email me with any questions.
More items came be found at:
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/oldeannieprimitives_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

No comments: