Monday, November 10, 2008

limitedlanecollectibles
PriMitiVe Folk Art Welcome Front Door Doll


Well she is my favorite so far. I made myself this Folk Art Doll to hang at my front door and have received
so many compliments I have decided to offer one to you. (You get a new one and not the one from my front
door)
She can either sit or hang. She is approx 28" tall by 14" wide. I have included a wire hanger on the back if
you wish to hang her to greet your guests. She is made from muslin, stuffed ohhh so carefully, she has a hand
stitched face with button eyes. Her hair is made from a brown fleece, and has a navy blue felt hat with a
flower in her hair.

Her coat is from wool felt, and I have sewn on little beige buttons down the front and have hand stitched the
band of greens and buds around her coat. Her skirt is made from a primitive navy/burgundy/tan check with
navy blue stars on it. Her pantaloons are from a beige cotton. I have painted her boots a brown, with
hand stitched laces.
She is holding a hand painted and stuffed flower with a twisted wire stem and leaves. In her other hand she
is holding a muslin bag that has been hand painted and reads: " Sorry if I missed you... Leave a Note." and hols
a note pad and pencil for your guests to leave you a note if you are not home.
Did you notice her hands, her fingernails have been hand painted too.

This item and more can be found here......
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/limitedlanecollectibles

No comments: