Wednesday, October 29, 2008

star*spangled*pretties
PRiMiTiVe FoLK ArT PreTTy LiL SnoWgiRL DoLL


She is another dolly I made from a Back Porch Pickins pattern. She measure 22 inches tall to the top of her hat and dressed in her wynter's best! Such a pretty little Christmas dolly - perfect for anyone who collects snowmen...
She is sewn from painted and stained muslin. Her eyes are painted with separate eyelids stitched on. Her mouth is heavy wire I have shaped into a folky smile and it is very discreetly stitched on. Her cheeks are blushed slightly and I've used artists pencil to shade her sweet face a bit for depth....

She wears a black felt tophat and it has been generously dusted with ultrafine silver glitter. Around the brim I have stitched a very fine, delicate tinsel trim and a silver glittered snowflake. It looks blue in the pics because it is reflecting the blue sky when I took the pics outdoors, it truly is sparkly silver in color. Her hat is only pinned in place with two decorative pins and I will remove it for safe shipping.

Her arms are wired and pose nicely. She holds a few her snowballs in the crook of one arm. The little snowballs are each about 1 3/4 inches in diameter. I made her a wool stocking and pinned it to her bodice. I embellished it with some stitched tinsel trim and a jingle bell which has been encrusted with silver glass glitter as well.
Her dress is a beautiful light blue and cream tonal cotton print with snowflakes. I have handstitched some of the fine silver tinsel trim to the sleeves and hem, with a silver ric~rac across the bottom front of the bodice. Her dress collar is aged white wool felt stitched around the neckline with a few clear crystal embellishments. Her pantalets are antiqued eyelet material with a pretty scalloped edge . All the glass glitter sparklies and such is so hard to capture in the pics- she is just so much prettier in person!


Her slippers are real silver german glass glitter and sparkle so pretty!
Her snowballs have been rolled twice in clear glass glitter. There will be four snowballs included in the auction, though I only show her holding three.You can display them in her arms or in a little prim bowl just as fillers....the little bowl in the pics is not included.


All my handmades come to you signed and dated by me....

* * * * * * * * * *

**All my dollies are "pretties" for adult decoration only and not intended to be used for a childrens toy......**


You can find this item and more here........
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/star*spangled*pretties

No comments: