Thursday, October 9, 2008

oldebuttgoodie

Primitive Christmas Snowman Doll Wreath w/Bells


Hi there, thank you for taking a minute to stop by!! I am excited to tell you about my latest prim!!! If you are looking for
a special handmade item, to start the holiday season off, make sure you grab this wreath up!!
I started off witha gorgeous evergreen wreath and added in one of my grubby little snowman dolls. I stitched this
charming olde fellow from aged warm and natural quilt batting. I hand embroidered his face and wait until you see his long carrot nose and rosy cheeks!!

I used a black wool felt for his "folky" top hat and trimmed it with cranberries, preserved sweet annie, and tiny pinecones.
This doll is all dressed up in his Christmas finest. I used a deep "Santa suit" red wool for his top and
stitched him a long neckscarf from aged red and white ticking. I tied it off with large cranberries, preserved sweet annie,mini pinecones, and red pip berries.

I taked a faux wool down the front of his top and fished it off with a large rusty
bell and snowflake.
I dusted this fellow with plenty vintage German glass glitter, so he looks like he is covered in sparkly Winter morning ice.
I adde lots and lots of neat Winter thymen goodies to this wreath including several large rusty Christmas bells, berries, candy
canes , lots of peppermint candy, and small rusty Christmas stars.
This piece measures about 22 inches around. I have also included a stained scented tag that I stamped "Winter Thyme 1885"
Don't let this "One of a KInd" Christmas Wreath get away!! If you love handmade prims, this one is sure to add charm
and warmth to your "olde thyme" Holiday season.
Thanks again and May God Bless!!
More items came be found at:
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/oldebuttgoodie_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

No comments: