Monday, May 5, 2008

barbscountryprims

Americana Star Nodder/Make-Do/Pin Keep.


Welcome to my auction!
Up for auction I have this wonderful Americana Star Nodder/Make-Do/Pin Keep.
It is approx. 9 3/4 inches tall x 8 1/4 inches wide. I have attached it to a rusty bedspring.

The star is made fro red ticking. I attached a strip of dark navy blue with small stars material using big primitive stitches to the front of the star.

I then, using the same manner for the navy rectangle, layered a muslin
strip in which the letters U.S.A. are embroidered in black floss on top of the strip of navy material.
It has been stained, baked and rubbed with a little of my special spice mixture. There is also a rusty safety pin attached to the
front of the star.

I have also included on of my grubby hang tags ( 4 1/2 x 2 1/4 inches) with a nice patriotic
picture of some fire crackers, a drum and trumpet. This Nodder will be a delightful addition to an Americana or Patriotic
collection. It can stand alone or be tucked in among your other primitives. The idea's are endless.
More items came be found at:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbarbscountryprims

1 comment:

kat449 said...

Denise Whites designs from The Cats Pyjamas are delightful. I found this design of hers in Create and Decorate magazine last summer.