Friday, April 11, 2008

*backporchcarver*

Hand Painted Eye Glass Case Artist Signed



I just love the bright colors on this bright spring case for your eye glasses. It measures 6 inches long and 2 1/4 inches wide.These are the perfect size for a stocking stuffers. It will fit nicely in a purse also.



I have been carving for about 10 years and painting for about 15 years. I was fortunate enough
when I first started to have excellent teachers. Carole Taylor was my first painting teacher
and Sandi Zickuhr-Jacobson taught me to carve. When I first learned to carve, I always used
a pattern,but now I just use my imagination and the wood piece.
I always carve in the full round.All my pieces are carved either on textile spools,sugar pine,
or white pine. Occationally I find a unique piece such as an old spindle or table leg, fish
floats, or lobster bouys that just cry out for something to be carved on them, usually it is a Santa.



Each piece is unique, being hand carved and hand painted, no two are ever exactly alike. I
have just started to sign and date my carvings as I was requested to do.I use an acrylic guache
to paint each piece, then I antique them using an antiquing medium and either oil paint or
sometimes I use the acrylic guache to antique with. It takes as much time to paint and finish
a piece as it does to carve it.These make wonderful additions to any Santa collection. They
also make a great gift for the collector who has everything, or a nice hostess gift too.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me and I will do my best to answer.
Thanks for looking and have a great day
More items came be found at:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbackporchcarver

No comments: