Tuesday, September 9, 2008

oldeannieprimitives

Primitive Fall Acorns Bowl Fillers Ornies


Thanks for dropping by today. I'm so excited at how these acorns turned out! I have been working on these for some time now trying to figure out how I wanted to make them. I have this wonderful quilted fabric that I knew would be perfect for the "caps". The bottom part is made from unbleached muslin and stuffed with polyester fiberfill. Both pieces were stained with my fragrant prim mix and then stain painted separately -- the top is brown and the bottom is raw sienna.

The pieces were then sewn together. I then stitched a black "X" on each acorn and attached a little rusty bell to each with a rusty safety pin. These acorns are so unique. I won't be making many of these because I only have a little of the top quilted fabric left in my stash. These acorns measure 4 inches wide by 5 inches tall. You will receive the three acorns seen here. Sorry, my leaves are not included with this auction, but I will be listing more of my hand painted leaves this weekend.
With the BUSY holiday season rapidly approaching, I will not be accepting special orders or wholesale requests during this time. I am sorry to all my faithful repeat customers -- you guys are the greatest! But I MUST keep my sanity (and my husband)! lol I will take special orders again after the holidays!
More items came be found at:
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/oldeannieprimitives

No comments: