Wednesday, July 16, 2008

thedooze
pRiM *BOO* CaT HaLLoWeeN PeNnY RuG CaNdLe MaT WooL


*~PRIMITIVE FOLKART "BOO" Black Cat/Pumpkin PENNY RUG CANDLEMAT~*

copyright 2008

Hello. Just finished this prim/folkart, oval shaped penny rug. I'm having a hard time parting with this one. The penny rug measures approximately 11 inches in diameter.

It is my newest design and pattern for Fall 2008. All pieces were handcut and stitched onto the mat by me in my smoke-free home.

For this mat, I used a felted piece of tea dyed wool felt for the background of the mat. I really like the prim bumpy texture. There is alot of detail in this mat. I used two shades of pumpkin colored wool felt for the pumpkins. Black wool felt to make the cats and a mottled green to make the pumpkin stems. I blanket stitched each piece on using brown, green, or black quilting thread. Each pumpkin holding a black cat, is made up of three sections. The other three pumpkins each have a black wool felt letter stitched on to spell: "B-O-O". I also added green stitching to represent the tendrils on the pumpkin tops. On one of the Black Cats tail I hand stitched a spider dangling from his web. I attached the mat to a plum colored piece of wool felt to accent the top piece. I then backed the entire piece with black wool felt.

PLEASE SEE PICTURE FOR MORE DETAIL. The colors are not as bright as the picture shows, they are more MUTED/PRIM looking. The top piece has been tea dyed.

More items came be found at:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZthedooze

No comments: