Monday, March 24, 2008

*backporchcarver*

Prim Folk Art Teddy Bear Raggedy Anne Doll


I used a Sweat Meadows Farm Pattern to create this doll. She has dark brown hand died, hand spun wool hair from Primgal. she is 22 inches tall, and is wearing a dress and hair bow made from a teddy bear print cotton on a pale green background. The bodice and apron are made from a co-ordinating brown print. Her 'loons are made from muslin, trimmed with lace and tied with beige ribbon. Her face is hand painted as are her shoes and stripey stockings. Note the individual fingers.

She has a hand made teddy bear buddy with a bow around his neck that matches the apron on her dress. He has little bead eyes and a hand stitched nose and mouth with rouged cheeks.

She has a grungy tag pinned to her dress with a rusty safety pin that says Raggedy Love and is signed on the other side..



I have been sewing for about 40 years but just recently got "hooked" on making these primitive dolls and it has become a labor of love for me. I spent many years sewing doll cloths for my daughters dolls when she was little so this is pure fun for me.I belong to a group of very talented Ladies that sell wonderful hand made items on E-Bay called Primitive Ladies of America.

All of my dolls are either machine or hand stitched, I do not use glue unless it can't be sewn, then I will say so in the description.I give her a painted heart on her front, under her cloths and I have signed her back under her cloths. She comes from a smoke free home but I do have a cat.I use quilt shop quality cottons for the cloths and top quality muslin that is either tea dyed of coffee stained, occasionally I use untreated muslin or ticking for the legs.If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. I will do my best to answer you.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbackporchcarver

No comments: