Tuesday, May 20, 2008

ahl*cooped*up

PRIMITIVE PATRIOTIC KITTY CAT FOLK ART DOLL



This is a very large Cat. I used a pattern by Back Porch Pickins, with many of my own touches. She is 31" tall.

The body is osnaburg that I painted, sanded and stained. She has the popular round head and eyelids. The face and paws are needle sculpted. I sewed black thread for her whiskers.

Her dress is sewn from a wavy flag print. The loons are muslin. The clothing has been stained.

Miss Liberty needed a torch, so I sewed and stuffed three muslin stars. They were painted, sanded, stained and glittered. I added rusty wire to each, and attached it to an old wood bobbin. I love how it turned out. There is a wire hanger on her back. She looks great sitting or hanging. Thanks to Di's hang tag patch for her great smelling tag.
More items came be found at:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZahl*cooped*up

No comments: